EVIDERA PRIVACY STATEMENT
Your privacy is important to us and maintaining your trust is our priority. To ensure that your privacy is protected and your privacy choices are respected, Evidera, Inc. and its global affiliates (hereafter “Evidera” “we, ” or “us”) have set out in this Privacy Statement an explanation of our online information practices as well as the decisions you may make regarding how your information is collected and used when viewing any of our websites, including www.evidera.com and other applications that directly link to this statement when you click on “Legal” or “Privacy” in the website footer (collectively, the “Sites”).
A. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information you give to use when using the Sites
We collect Personal Information that you choose to send to us or provide to us through any of our online forms, for example, when you complete the “Request a Demo” or “Contact Us” online form. “Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual, such as your name, title, job title, postal address, telephone number, or email address.
We may collect financial account information, such as your credit card information, billing contact information (such as e‐mail addresses) and/or your social security number, as needed to process payments and provide reimbursement services.
Information we automatically collect when you use the Sites
We will use this information:
- to administer our Sites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Sites to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- as part of our efforts to keep our Sites safe and secure.
For more information about cookies and other technologies, please see the section Cookies and Other Data Collection Technologies below.
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub‐contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
HOW EVIDERA USES PERSONAL INFORMATION
Evidera may use your Personal Information for its business purposes, such as to:
- We will use this information for purposes made clear to you at the time you submit your information – for example, to respond to your requests for a demo or to provide you with information about other Evidera products or services you have requested.
- To provide you with general health information (such as information on certain health conditions).
- We and our third party marketing partners may also use the information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. However, you will always be able to opt‐out of our marketing at any time (see the “Unsubscribe from Our Mailing List” section below).
- To determine if you are eligible for certain products, services or programs.
- If you have a business or professional relationship with Evidera, to develop our business relationship with you.
- For our research and development efforts.
- To anonymize data so that it is no longer Personal Information.
- For product safety, such as adverse event reporting or to communicate product safety information to regulatory authorities and our clients.
- For other everyday business purposes, such as payment processing and financial account management, product development, contract management, website administration, fulfillment, analytics, fraud prevention, corporate governance, reporting and legal compliance.
SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
Evidera will not share Personal Information with any third party without the consent of the applicable individual user. We may share and disclose information about you in the following circumstances:
- Partners – where you consent or direct, we may share your Personal Information with your doctor as part of clinical trials or programs in which you agree to participate.
- Affiliated Companies – we may share your Personal Information with our affiliated companies including Evidera Market Access Ltd, which may only use your Personal Information for the purposes listed herein.
- Vendors, consultants and service providers – we may share your Personal Information with our third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who are working on our behalf and require access to your information to under that work e.g. to process billing or provide customer support. Access to an individual user’s Personal Data Information by these third parties is limited to the information reasonably necessary for the third parties to perform their limited functions for Evidera. Evidera contractually requires such third parties to (1) protect the privacy of any individual user’s Personal Information consistent with this Privacy Statement and (2) not use or disclose Personal Information for any purpose other than providing Evidera with products and services, except as otherwise required by law.
- Business transfers – we may also disclose Personal Information where needed to affect the sale or transfer of business assets;
- Vital interests and legal rights – we may disclose your Personal Information where we believe it be necessary to investigate legal issues, enforce our rights, protect our property, or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions.
- Compliance with laws – we may also disclose Personal Information when legally required to do so to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, such as in response to a subpoena, including to law enforcement agencies and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate.
Evidera will share your Personal Information only in compliance with any obligations under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and other applicable laws.
Please note that we may also disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, we may publish reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about our customers’ products. These reports do not contain any information that would enable the recipient to contact, locate or identify you.
B. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS AND SECURITY
PROCESSING OF INFORMATION IN THE U.S. AND ELSEWHERE
Please be aware that your Personal Information collected outside the United States, including in the
European Economic Area (“EEA”), is transferred to, stored in and processed in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your Personal Information in the United States and potentially in other countries, as described in this Privacy Statement. The data protection and other laws of the United States and the other countries that your data may be transferred to might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. We will however protect your Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Statement wherever it is processed.
Evidera has implemented and maintains an information security program that contains appropriate and reasonable administrative, technical and physical controls designed to safeguard the confidentiality and security of your Personal Information.
However, please note that no Internet transmission can ever be guaranteed 100% secure, and so we encourage you to take care when disclosing Personal Information online and to use readily available tools, such as Internet firewalls, anti‐virus and anti‐spyware software, and similar technologies to protect yourself online.
C. COOKIES AND OTHER DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
When you visit our Sites, we collect certain information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags, browser analysis tools, server logs and web beacons.
For example, when you visit our Sites, we place cookies on your computer. Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet‐connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. Cookies allow us to recognize you when you return, they are used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website.
Our Sites use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies – these enable you to move from page to page within our Sites and to use any features on the Sites. These cookies are deleted when you close your browser.
- Performance cookies – these allow us to collect information, including the number of visitors to our Sites; where they have come to our Sites from; the pages they visit; and the length of time they have spent on our Sites.
The table below explains more fully what cookies are used on our Sites.
TYPES OF COOKIE
Essential website cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our Website and enables you to move from page to page within our website and to use its features. These cookies are deleted when you close your browser.
Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are provided by Google Analytics and Marketo and are used to enhance the performance and functionality of our Website but are non‐essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.
Analytics and customization cookies: These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our Website is being used or to help us customize our Website for you.
Social networking cookies: These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on our Website through third party social networking and other websites; specifically the Facebook “Like” button and “Share to Twitter” button. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes too.
You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies. You can exercise your cookie preferences by clicking on the appropriate opt‐out links provided.
You can also set or amend your web browsers controls to accept or disable cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to disable cookies if you prefer. If you decide to disable cookies, you may not be able to access some areas of our Sites.
SOCIAL MEDIA PLUGINS
This website uses social medial plugins (e.g., the Facebook “Like” button, “Share to Twitter” button) to enable you to easily share information with others. When you visit our Sites, the operator of the social plugin can place a cookie on your computer, enabling that operator to recognize individuals who have previously visited our Site. If you are logged into the social media website (e.g., Facebook, Twitter) while browsing on our Sites, the social plugins allow that social media websites to share information about your activities on our Sites with other users of their social media website.
For example, Facebook Social Plugins allows Facebook to show your Likes and comments on our pages to your Facebook friends. Facebook Social Plugins also allows you to see your friends’ Facebook activity on our Sites. Evidera does not control any of the content from the social media plugins. For more information about social plugins from other social media websites you should refer to those sites’ privacy and data sharing statements.
D. YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
You can always limit the information you provide to Evidera. You can also limit the marketing communications that Evidera sends to you by sending us an email at [email protected] or by clicking “Unsubscribe” in any e‐mail communications we send you.
You can manage cookie preferences and opt‐out of having cookies and other data collection technologies used by adjusting the settings on your browser. All browsers are different, so visit the help section of your browser to learn about cookie preferences and other privacy settings that may be available.
ACCESS, DELETION AND CORRECTION
You may update, review, delete or correct your information and email preferences at any time. You can also submit a request to access any Personal Information that has previously been provided. You can contact us via email at [email protected]. You can also write us at the addresses listed in “Contact Us” section of this website. If you send us a letter, please provide your name, address, email address, and detailed information about the change you would like to make.
E. OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
PRIVACY POLICIES OF THIRD PARTIES
This Privacy Statement only addresses the use and disclosure of information by Evidera. We may provide links to outside websites or advertisements for third parties that have their own privacy policies and data collection, use and disclosure practices. Our independent dealers, suppliers and business partners have their own privacy statements too. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy statements provided by all third parties prior to providing them with information or taking advantage of an offer or promotion.
Our Sites are not intended to attract children, and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Information of anyone under the age of 13. If you believe your child is using our Sites, please contact us at [email protected] we can investigate and where necessary delete any inappropriate information.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We will only use your Personal Information in the manner described in this Privacy Statement. However, we reserve the right to change the terms of this Privacy Statement at any time by posting revisions to our Sites. If we make any material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will place a prominent notice on our Sites. If at any point, we decided to use Personal Information in a manner different from that stated at the time it was collected, you will be given a choice to allow or disallow any additional uses or disclosures of your Personal Information, beyond that which was stated in this Privacy Statement at the time your information was collected. Any portions of this statement are void to the extent they are prohibited by applicable law.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices, your privacy choices, or this Privacy Statement. You can always reach us online at [email protected]. You can reach us via mail at the address below. If you send us a letter, please provide your name, address, email address, and information about the communication that you do not want to receive.
7101 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 1400
Bethesda, MD 20814
Attention: Global Quality and Compliance