Licensing the EXACT, E-RS:COPD, E-RS:IPF, Diary Items or Other Derivative Measures
The EXACT and E-RS are available for all to use in their research studies, and we encourage and facilitate its use.
To protect the integrity of the measures, Evidera holds the copyright for the EXACT, E-RS, all translations, derived measures, and related documents. Individual items comprising these measures may not be used without permission.
Researchers can use the EXACT, E-RS:COPD and derivative instruments under a licensing agreement that includes a commitment to using and scoring the instruments as outlined in the User Manuals.
- This optimizes consistent use and interpretable scores across studies.
The following licensing options are available for the EXACT, E-RS:COPD and E-RS:IPF (click here for a description of this derivative measure).
Pharmaceutical, device, and other corporate users
- Single Molecular Entity (SME) – Unlimited research use across an SME
- Single Study – Research use for a single study
These users are asked to contribute a licensing fee to:
- Support EXACT and E-RS research and development activities, conducted through the EXACT-PRO Initiative.
Licenses include the instrument in English, User Manual, a Scoring Package with Test Data, and other information to facilitate use.
Translations are discussed during the licensing process.
Academic and government users
- No fee license agreement in the required language(s).
- Licenses include the instrument in English, User Manual, a Scoring Package with Test Data, and other information to facilitate use.
If you are interested in licensing the EXACT, E-RS:COPD, or E-RS:IPF, please contact [email protected] with the following information:
Name of study
Brief (1-2 sentences) description of the study
- How you plan to use the EXACT and/or E-RS
- If any translations are required (see list of translations here)
Contact information for the person within your institution who will sign the license
We will respond to your query as quickly as possible with responses to your questions, a license agreement for your review, and/or suggestions for a conference call to discuss your questions.
Licensing for Adaptation
- If you are interested in adapting the EXACT or E-RS, using individual items or a subset of items to evaluate symptoms in other populations, please contact us for licensing arrangements.