Improving lives through Implementation Science
In the real world, the market approval of a new therapy is no guarantee of its commercial or clinical success. A host of obstacles including regulatory considerations, patient adherence and persistence and inflexible clinical workflows can impede the uptake of a new product or health care innovation. What if you could anticipate and proactively address such barriers before they affected your product’s uptake? With a combination of proven research experience, scientific expertise and cutting-edge implementation science services, we can help you optimize product uptake and adoption at any point in its life cycle.
Implementation Science Solutions
Comparative Effectiveness Research to Accelerate Translation (CER-T) | Data triangulation | Guide implementation planning and outcomes evaluation | Logic Model development | Patient-centered Implementation Science approaches | Implementation Science Evidence Synthesis | Implementation Science Protocol development | Implementation Science Strategic consulting | Implementation Science Training | Qualitative data collection and analysis | Research dissemination | Tailored Implementation Science Needs | Assessment and ‘Roadmap’
Leading the way in product delivery
Accelerating new or existing products’ adoption, scalability and sustainability is our driving force. When you partner with our team, you have the support and experience of the largest implementation science group in the industry. We’re committed to helping optimize your product’s success and patients’ outcomes through our suite of evidence-based practices.
With over 20 years of experience conducting a wide range of implementation science studies, we are equipped to deliver projects on time and at the highest quality. From early development to post-marketing, we have the right approach and experience to meet your unique needs.
Filling the gap between clinical research and real-world practice
Using scientifically informed theories, strategies and outcomes, our implementation scientists will craft a custom plan to close the gap between clinical research and real-world utility. Through innovative research approaches, we gain insight into the root cause of barriers to uptake, roll-out, scale-up and sustainability. We strategize an effective and efficient path forward with the goal of achieving real-world product optimization and utility.
Our robust implementation science solutions have the proven power to help improve your product’s uptake. Here are some of the ways we can help:
- Developing strategies to accelerate the adoption, scalability and sustainability of a new product, device or health care innovation
- Conducting contextual analysis of the health care delivery landscape to understand current processes and adoption and integration of new products
- Performing evidence synthesis and developing logic models to guide design and implementation planning
- Using quantitative and qualitative data to evaluate the effectiveness of implementation strategies
- Applying mixed method approaches to evaluate whether drug safety risk minimization programs are effective in real-world contexts
- Providing bespoke implementation science training to your team to meet specific organizational or therapeutic area needs
Explore real world insights gained through implementation science research.
- A study to understand how to optimize the delivery of Cabotegravir + Rilpivirine Long-acting injectables from the perspectives of People Living With HIV, HCPs and the health care system in order to implement it into routine care with fewer obstacles.
- A hybrid III Type Implementation Science Phase III implementation-effectiveness trial with implementation science primary endpoints.
- Data collection methods included provider/patient questionnaires and interviews and provider group calls.
VALUE AND IMPACT
- Despite most participating European study sites having no prior CAB + RPV LA experience, high implementation acceptability, appropriateness and feasibility levels were seen regardless of implementation arm.
- Data shows that while acceptability, appropriateness and feasibility were comparable across arms, there may be some context-specific factors, such as time to reach optimal implementation, that may benefit from different levels of implementation support.
- A study to identify and address key points in the treatment pathway of patients with Chronic Spontaneous Urticaria (CSU) related to patient diagnosis, referral and treatment escalation. This included the use of PROs in clinical practice.
- Phase I methods included a targeted review of documents related to the patient journey, the health care context and analysis of interviews and focus group data (from GPs and specialists).
VALUE AND IMPACT
- Analysis provided critical insights into the contextual landscape of the patient journey and clinical care processes for patients with CSU in Italy.
- BRIDGE (Phase I) provided five key recommendations for consideration when reviewing and refining the components of the Urticaria Care Package.
- Results also informed development of the surveys used in Phase II of the study.
- A study to generate evidence on the feasibility, usability, perceived value and potential benefits of the AMAZE™ asthma disease management platform implemented in clinical practice.
- Data collection included patient/clinical site staff surveys, patient longitudinal and cross-sectional qualitative interviews, patient/clinician app usage metrics data.
VALUE AND IMPACT
- Most participants were satisfied with the AMAZE app, and engagement showed a trend towards being higher for those with poorly controlled asthma; however, overall usage decreased over time.
- Highlighted need for improvements to the app and future studies evaluating optimal level of engagement, timing of completion of features and engaging well-controlled asthmatic patients.
Ready to address barriers to product uptake and adoption?
See how our implementation science team and services can help.