Based on the World Health Organization’s (WHO) estimate, over 10 million patients have rare / orphan diseases in China, larger than the size of population in Switzerland. The actual prevalence may be even higher as the current diagnostic ability is still limited. As China’s healthcare reform recently moved from increasing the breath of coverage to the depth of coverage, the number of critical diseases and the percentage of reimbursement provided by the state medical insurance continue to increase. In this webinar, we will share with you the perspectives from payers, KOLs and industry leaders on the opportunities and challenges for orphan drugs to gain access to the market and the patients in China. Questions we will address include:
- How are orphan drugs funded and made available to patients?
- Who are the key stakeholders for ensuring patient access to orphan drugs?
- What are the future perspectives and changes that can be anticipated?
- How could a manufacturer with orphan drugs prepare for market access in China?
Who Should Attend
- Market Access Global from Pharmaceutical Companies and Regional Offices
- Value Proposition Teams (Value Generation, Evidence Generation, Evidence Planning, Value Development, etc.)
- Product Teams (Brand Leaders, Product Development, Commercialization, etc.)
Key Learning Objectives
- Understand the pathways and key stakeholders for orphan drugs to gain access to patients in China
- Recognize the key challenges and future trend in the market access environment for orphan drugs in China
- Identify potential strategies to support market access of orphan drugs in China
Susanne Michel, MD, Europe Practice Lead, Payer Strategy; Xia Chen, PhD, Consultant, Payer Strategy, Evidera